Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

I feel like I suddenly have so many things to blog about (just yesterday, I told Matt that I didn't have anything to say...that was clearly a lie) but before I move on I want to give a (small) shout out to Valentine's Day.


We don't typically do a big shebang for V-Day...too commercialized but a small something is always in order to celebrate the love we have for one another (and others too but mostly each other). Last year it had to be a hand made gift and this year we just went with the parameters of "keep it small." I'd say Matt did a splendid job by purchasing a watercolor set for this artist-want-to-be. I can't wait to use it.

For Matt I made a "Library of Love" (I think a lot of the Hacienda ladies went this route thanks to Court's fantastic find...here's the link to make cards of your own)

Here is one example from the cards I made for our card catalogue of life:

I love this idea! I took all of the cards and painted a box I bought at Hobby Lobby. I forgot to take a picture of the final product, but trust me, it looked great!

Hope you all had a Happy Day of Love as well!! (oh and a Happy Transfiguration Sunday too...)

No comments:

Post a Comment