Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunday

In church this week we sang "They'll Know We Are Christians by Our Love." I was really struck by this hymn (and had forgotten how much I love it!) as I began to think about the fact that all too often Christians are most certainly not identified by love. And then I began to think even more about what the world might be like if we were known by our love....

Here is the text for verse 3, I think it's my favorite:
We will work with each other, we will work side by side.
we will work with each other, we will work side by side,
and we'll guard human dignity and save human pride:
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love;
yes, they'll know we are Christians by our love.


(These were our "altar" flowers this morning, aren't they beautiful? I was happy to take some home for the week. I only wish they were from my garden....maybe some day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment