Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ordination

On Sunday March 11, I was ordained by Wilshire Baptist Church in Dallas, Tx. It was a beautiful service in which I felt affirmed, supported, and loved. I am so thankful that my journey in ministry brought me around full circle--the church that first opened my eyes to my call is also the church that sent me out into the world.

The flowers sent from First Church Birmingham! (they also put together a stack full of letters and cards of support from church members--what a wonderful surprise!)

Matt and I sharing the Benediction.

High School Friends!
Baylor besties.
And of course the fam.
I received the robe and stole I am wearing in many of these pictures as a gift for my ordination and I am in LOVE with them! I am so thankful for the community of friends, family, and might as well be family that has surrounded me along the journey and will continue to support and love me through the joys and sorrows of ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment