Thursday, March 29, 2012

Garden Prep

I am SO excited that Spring is finally here. I love working in the garden and it's finally time to begin our preparations for this year! Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, I decided that our garden needed some color. So...

We painted the wood around the garden (don't mind all the weeds in there...that's a work in progress). I love the way it turned out! The outside is blue (obviously) and then the caps around the corners are yellow.

We also painted the wire cages for the tomatos. I was feeling especially Baylor Proud so we went for green and gold :) Sic 'em!

And last but not least, we planted our first little seedlings. This is our first year to plant from seeds so I am very excited to see how this works out for us! So far we have several baby Roma tomato plants, Bistro tomatos, Eggplants, and Peppers (both hot and sweet). We also have seeds for Okra, Squash, Zucchini, & herbs that will eventually head straight into the ground once the garden is ready and we've decided there are no more freezes in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment