Thursday, September 30, 2010

A New Park!

(it has a great view of the Bham skyline, I didn't even know we had one of those really...)

The weekend that I was in Nashville, Birmingham had something very exciting happen for the city. We opened a new park downtown!

Railroad Park is now open for our enjoyment. And the best news? It's only a few blocks down from the church where I work.


We headed out for a visit last Thursday evening when the Birmingham Business Alliance announced their new plans (aka Blueprint Birmingham) to help change our city into something to be envied by all. The park was full of all sorts of people, energy, excitement, & great food!

(you can see the trains that run alongside the park...even more peaceful at sunset)

Today, I am going to check out the running path from my office down through the park and back. With the gorgeous weather we are having & the great scenery, it should be a lovely run!

No comments:

Post a Comment