Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nashville

Over the weekend I met up with one of my bestest friends in Nashville. We had a grand old time exploring a new city, eating great food, shopping just a bit, line dancing some, & mostly just enjoying being together with no agenda other than relaxing.

Friday was our one full day in the city & we spent it eating at the Loveless Cafe (the most delicious hash brown casserole I've ever tasted) & exploring the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. We had the privilege of checking out all of the Chihuly (who has an eye patch!!) sculptures that are currently on display there. Here are my favorites from that exhibition.

these appeared to be floating on the water...and there were lots of them

loved this crazy boat

and of course, I wouldn't miss the glass spheres hanging out in the Japanese gardens

Other points of interest are that we found the best cupcakes in town (who knew a sweet potato cupcake could taste so good?), a wonderful place for a pedicure, the nearest Target, & some good Mexican food before hitting up the ever famous (and fabulous) Wild Horse Saloon.

Saturday, before we hit the road we also hit up the local Trader Joe's. Oh how I've missed shopping there. We have seriously got to get one of these in Birmingham. I brought home TWO coolers full of tasty treats.

All in all, Nashville is a great city & definitely worth a visit. I'm sure Jillian & I will be headed back someday soon as it sits smack dab in the middle of where we live now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to drop by to let you know that even though I don't comment often (I'm usually reading from my iPhone at work) I'm a huge fan, I read every day...and I gave you an award!

    ReplyDelete