Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love.

Love definitely takes on new meaning when spent in a hospital room. 
It's a scary thing to watch someone you love in so much pain. I don't wish it upon anyone. 


Coming back and forth to an empty house has reminded me of all the little things I love about having a partner in life:

I love Matt being home when I walk in the door. 
I love that Matt makes dinner and has it ready to go at 7:00pm. 
I love that Matt is able to come home and let Maggie Mae out to play. 
I love that Matt turns on the outside lights so that I don't have to come home in the dark.
I love sitting on the couch and watching all of our favorite shows on the DVR. 
I love making grocery lists and planning for new meals to try. 
I love falling asleep to HGTV House Hunters every night.
I love having Fridays off together. 
I love talking about our days each night. 
I love planning our next adventure together. 
I love the way Maggie curls up between us on the couch (and shoves between us on the bed).

These are only a few of the things I love about Matt but they are magnified when he's not here. I am so thankful to have someone to love so deeply along the journey and can't wait to celebrate our love outside of the hospital!




No comments:

Post a Comment