Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011

Although we weren't able to be together on ACTUAL Christmas day, it was fun to be together the week after Christmas. Just like the good old days, we loaded up in the car (me, Matt, mom, dad, & Maggie Mae) and drove up to Richmond, VA to be with my sister and brother-in-law. The drive stinks but I am always thankful for time together.

(it's nice to have a picture of the 3 of us w/o someone in a wedding dress!)

We spent lots of time catching up, eating, shopping, playing games, and just plain enjoying family time. And the best part of it was that we were able to attend my mom's family's annual Christmas gathering. We haven't been in almost 4 years and there were relatives (I'm talking like cousins) that Matt had never met before.

Although, of course, our time together went by too fast, I am so thankful that we were all able to pull off a whole week!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    We did have a fun time together! yes, the drive is long but so worth it! It was great to be able to spend time with you and Matt in your home (even though we did get up early!) and in the car! thanks for driving! love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete