As a recap, I thought I would share my top 5 favorite things from our trip to South Africa. So, here goes:
1. Staying at the Addo Elephant Park. I didn't know if I would love it or not, but staying in a tent in the middle of nowhere on a game reserve turned out to be one of the most fun things we did. We completely unplugged, sat around a campfire (that's another story for another day...), and enjoyed the company of friends. Plus the starry night sky just can't be beat.
2. Staying at the Antbear Guest Lodge in the Drakensberg Mountains. Beautiful sunset. Good food from a working farm. Cozy Cabins. We LOVED it.
3. The beach in Durban. We walked it, we biked it, and we just sat to enjoy it several times. The waves are to die for and the weather simply can't be beat.
4. The animals. I know, it's so predictable. But you just can't see animals in the wild here in the US like you can in South Africa. I never ceased to be amazed.
5. The adventure. Travel is good for the soul. I came back feeling so alive and refreshed. Matt and I love experiencing new places & new cultures. We ate some of the best food we've had in a while (eating vegetarian is easier there than it is here!), lived among a diverse group of people, and tried lots of new things.